- Had some friends from Innsbruck, Austria visit. Decided to buy an Aerobed for visitors and that turned out to be one of the best purchases we've made here. I still need to learn German.
- Took a long weekend trip to Turtle Bay Resort and stayed in a beach cottage (it's on the other side of the island, the best we can get for a weekend road trip).
- Became manager of my team at Red Hat. So far that has meant more use of the phone and more decision making, but I'm enjoying it.
- Got a land line phone, since the cell wasn't cutting it for the many calls I have to make for work now.
- Had a birthday. Karen framed my diploma from Georgia Tech, which was a really nice surprise.
- Booked the venue for our wedding and got save the date notices sent out. Also put together a wedding web site. Now we have to deal with the details.
Karen is currently getting past bronchitis, which has kept her down for about a week now. She is starting to feel better.
I worked over the weekend on bug blocking an in progress release of RHEL. We figured out the problem and have it fixed now, we just have to get to the point where it's too late to do anything about the release.
Speaking of work, I had lunch on Friday with the other two RH employees based in Honolulu. It was nice to meet other RH people in my time zone. And fortunately we're all on the same island. When we moved here, I was the only RH person in Hawaii. Now we have two others, so maybe someday there will be an office here (doubt it).
We've got a lot of travel coming up. April may require travel for me and June is definitely going to be travel. We're going to Karen's brother's wedding at the beginning of June and from there I head to Boston to get some office time.